Everyone’s going to have different things in their show bag. For those of you who’ve never performed and, therefore, have not probably packed a show bag, I’ll let you in on what’s in mine! If you want more advice from some instructors and me, take a look at this.
- Show outfit: pole shorts, show top, undergarments (can’t forget those 🙂 )
- Sweats and Sweatshirt: for being relaxed before and during show
- Pole Grip
- Choreography count sheet
- ALL of my makeup: I have no idea what I’m doing with it yet and who knows what someone will need!
- Hairbrush, hair ties, and hairspray: if I don’t need it, someone will!
- Dry shampoo (for after)
- Deodorant (for after)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste: Why not?
- Lavender, Rosemary, and Lemon Essential oils: I won’t put any on for fear of slipping, but I’m bringing them with to smell, for their calming or energizing effects, and anything else I may need them for. If you want to sniff them too, come find me 🙂
- Book: before the show gets underway, I might have time to attempt to relax. Might as well read!
- Party Outfit: yes, you do want to pack one. I only brought sweats for the post-show party last year, and I regretted it almost immediately.
- Purse: I know I have a nail file and other random things in there, so might as well bring it with. Plus it has my wallet and phone–one thing to fund the post-show shenanigans, and one to capture them 🙂
- Snacks: Jerky, nuts, honey,sandwich
- Water Bottle: hydration, hydration, hydration
- Headphones: If I’m not reading or yapping with someone, I’m going to be mediating or jamming out, SOMETHING that keeps me from getting worked up
That’s all I’ve got right now, but it’ll get bigger the day of. I usually walk around my apartment and just think about what I’ll be doing that day. Sometimes, I grab things for no other reason other than it might come in handy later 🙂
What’s on your list?