Phase TWO Instructions for Students
We are excited to move into “phase 2” on Sunday, June 21 at Aerial Dance. In light of the global pandemic, Aerial Dance has put an extensive plan in place focusing on student safety. We are asking our students to take the following steps when coming to and being at the studio to help us all create a safe and positive environment. Please read the entire document below before attending your class. If you have any questions, ask. (updated June 19, 2020)
Do not come to the studio if:
- If you feel ill or are exhibiting any symptoms (coughing, sneezing, fever, etc.)
- Take your temperature at home before coming to the studio. If your temperature is over 100.4° do not come to the studio.
Before coming to the studio:
- Be registered in advance for any class you plan to attend.
- Change into your clothes for class at home. Only change at the studio if it is absolutely necessary.
- For Fitness classes, bring your own yoga mat or a large clean towel to cover one of our mats. (Aerial Conditioning, Bendy Babe, etc.)
When Arriving at the studio:
- Wait in your car until 5 minutes before your class start time.
- Put your mask on in your car.
- ALL classes will have separate entrances and exits!!!! Check the schedule on FB so you know which door to enter.
- Front Pole – normal entrance
- Aerial Studio – park in back and use the door into the hallway
- Dance Studio – park in back and use the glass door
- Back Pole Studio – drive around the side of the building and enter directly in that studio
- Pole Studio – normal entrance
- Aerial Studio – walk around side of building and enter directly into that studio
When you arrive:
- Wait in your car until your entrance door is propped open. This is your signal that you may enter, but if you are early, wait until you see students leaving!
- Wearing your socks is not required but is encouraged.
- Use the hand cleaning station directly at your entrance – choose hand sanitizer or a hand wipe.
- Grab micro fiber towels for your personal use as follows:
- 2 micro fiber towels if you are taking a pole class
- 1 micro fiber towel for all other classes
When entering the teaching studio for class:
- Grab your card and a pen, only touch your card.
- Pick your apparatus, pole, or floor space for class. You will stay very close to this area the whole time you are in the teaching studio.
- For Pole, an alcohol bottle will be at the base of the pole. Use the time before class to spray one of the towels with alcohol and clean the pole, then the floor, of your area. (The student before you just did this….but why not do it again!). Set that towel aside and use the other towel during all of class.
- For Hoop: spray the towel then wipe down your hoop and the crash mat.
- For Hammock & Silks: spray the towel and wipe down the crash mat.
- For Fitness classes – use your own yoga mat from home or bring a large towel to cover one of our mats. If you forgot a towel you can rent one for $5 for the class.
- Take off your mask if you wish after cleaning your space.
- All classes will be 50 minutes in length to allow additional cleaning time and so one group of students can leave the building before the next group arrives.
- You will have your own pole in all Pole Classes, as usual.
- For Hoop, Hammock & Silks classes, you will have your own apparatus during the entire class.
- If you need rosin during a Hammock or Silks class, ask the instructor to spray your hands.
- If you go to the bathroom during class, put on your mask (and socks) to walk through the hallways.
- If you cough or sneeze during class, use a tissue, then revisit the hand sanitizing station; if you need to do this more than once during class, please terminate your visit for the day.
- During phase 2 we will be spotting students using a red, yellow or green card system which allows both student and instructor to assess their comfort level with close proximity. For full information on spotting procedures please read this article.
At the end of Class:
- Your instructor will go and prop open the door, signaling the end of class.
- For Pole, spray your towel and wipe down your pole, then the spray bottle, then the floor.
- Place the alcohol bottle, after you wipe it down, at the base of the pole.
- For Aerial, wipe down your crash mat with alcohol and towel.
- Place the alcohol bottle, after you wipe it down, at the next to the mat.
- For Fitness classes please follow the instructions of your instructor at the end of class.
- Put on your mask (and socks) to leave the teaching studio.
- Put your used towels in the basket on the way out, located by the hand sanitizing station.
- Please leave the building quickly after your class.
- Showering at the studio is not available during this time.
- If you are taking two classes in a row you will need to leave the building and wait in your car for five minutes. Then go to the correct door for your new class.
A few notes:
- There will be NO sharing of any apparatus during this time.
- We will not be doing Gold Star Girl during this time but will resume it soon!
- Clothing sales are possible at the studio but you cannot try on items at this time.
GET IN TOUCH
1871 N. Silver Spring Drive
Appleton, WI 54913
Green Bay Studio
1601 Lawrence Drive
De Pere, WI 54115