Current Instructions for Students
Aerial Dance has put an extensive plan in place focusing on student safety. We are asking our students to take the following steps when coming to and being at the studio to help us all create a safe and positive environment. Please read the entire document below before attending your class. If you have any questions, ask. (updated October 7, 2020)
There is a mandate requiring face coverings in all indoor spaces in the state of Wisconsin. Aerial Dance is an indoor facility and in the state of Wisconsin so we will comply. Please plan to wear a face covering during classes unless you are exempt as per the mandate.
Do not come to the studio if:
- You have been tested for Covid and are waiting for the results. Come back AFTER you receive negative test results.
- You feel ill or are exhibiting any symptoms (coughing, sneezing, fever, etc.)
- Your temperature is over 100.4°. Take your temperature at home before coming to the studio every time.
Before coming to the studio:
- Be registered in advance for any class you plan to attend.
- Change into your clothes for class at home. Only change at the studio if it is absolutely necessary.
- For Fitness classes, bring your own yoga mat or a large clean towel to cover one of our mats. (Aerial Conditioning, Bendy Babe, etc.)
When Arriving at the studio:
- Wait in your car until 5 minutes before your class start time or the main entry door is propped open. This is your signal that you may enter, but if you are early, wait until you see students leaving!
- Put your mask on in your car.
- Use the hand cleaning station at the entrance.
When entering the teaching studio for class:
- Head to the “pick up area” and
- Grab your card and a pen
- An alcohol spray bottle
- A fabric disinfecting spray bottle (if taking a hammock or silks class)
- Grab microfiber towels for your personal use: 2 microfiber towels if you are taking a pole class; 1 microfiber towel for all other classes
- Use the time before class to spray one of the towels with alcohol to clean your area
- For Pole, wipe down the pole and then the floor around it. (The student before you just did this….but why not do it again!). Set that towel aside and use the other towel during all of class.
- For Hoop: spray the towel then wipe down your hoop and the crash mat.
- For Hammock & Silks: spray the towel and wipe down the crash mat with the alcohol. Spray the fabric with the disinfectant spray.
- For Fitness classes – use your own yoga mat from home or bring a large towel to cover one of our mats. If you forgot a towel you can rent one for $5 for the class.
- All classes will be 50 minutes in length to allow additional cleaning time and so one group of students can leave the building before the next group arrives.
- You will have your own pole in all Pole Classes, as usual.
- For Hoop, Hammock & Silks classes, you will have your own apparatus during the entire class.
- If you go to the bathroom during class, keep your mask on to walk through the hallways.
- If you cough or sneeze during class, use a tissue, then revisit the hand sanitizing station in the teaching studio; if you need to do this more than once during class, please terminate your visit for the day.
- We will be spotting students using a red, yellow or green card system which allows both student and instructor to assess their comfort level with close proximity. During the mask mandate, only red and yellow will be available. For full information on spotting procedures please read this article.
At the end of Class:
- Spray down your area:
- For Pole, spray your towel and wipe down your pole, then the spray bottle, then the floor.
- For Hoop: wipe down your crash mat with alcohol and towel.
- For Silks & Hammock: wipe down your crash mat with alcohol and towel. Spray the Fabric with the disinfectant spray.
- Return all spray bottles, card, and pen to the “pick up area” on your way out of the teaching studio.
- For Fitness classes please follow the instructions of your instructor at the end of class.
- Keep your mask on to leave the teaching studio.
- Put your used towels in the basket on the way out.
- Please leave the building quickly after your class so instructors can clean for the next class.
- If you are taking two classes in a row you will need to leave the building and wait in your car for a few minutes before re-entering for your next class 5 minutes before start.
GET IN TOUCH
1871 N. Silver Spring Drive
Appleton, WI 54913
Green Bay Studio
1601 Lawrence Drive
De Pere, WI 54115