COVID Safety at the Show
On November 7, 2020 Aerial Dance will be hosting a modified 11th Annual Show. We have a wonderful online viewing option for all those wishing to see it from the comfort of their homes. We have a very small ticket audience and the detailed guidelines are below. As with everything Aerial Dance does, safety is our priority and we are basing our guidelines in conservative science. And as always, below is complete transparency about our plan and expectations so you can decide what is best for you.
WAYS TO SEE THE SHOW
There are three ways to see the show: with an in-person ticket; with an in-person ticket AND viewing it online AFTER the show; with an online viewing only ticket which will be available for purchase AFTER the show. If you have an in-person ticket you will automatically have access to the online viewing so you can choose at any point to “attend” the event virtually without needing to do anything else but check your email the week after the live show.
The week AFTER the show, Aerial Dance will be putting both shows ONLINE for ticket holders to access. ALL ticket holders will be given access to both shows (regardless of if you have a ticket for only one). WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE ALL AUDIENCE MEMBERS TO CHOOSE TO “ATTEND” THE EVENT VIRTUALLY INSTEAD OF IN-PERSON. The online access will be emailed to audience members within a week AFTER show and you will have until December 1st to watch the show(s) online at your convenience.
Students and Aerial Dance community members who did not purchase an in-person ticket will be able to purchase a $35 online viewing only ticket, which will give them access to both shows. “Online only tickets” will be available for purchase the week AFTER the show.
GENERAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AT TANNERS
- The WI Governor has requested that all events have a 25% capacity limit. Great! The massive volleyball courts where our events are held have a capacity of 658, so our ticket sales have been capped at 120 for each show. With performers, we are still under. We normally have an audience of 500 and 100 performers, so know if you have been to a show before the set-up is completely different this year.
- All servers will be wearing masks. All service will be at the tables so there will be no bar lines.
- The science of in-room safety has improved dramatically since an MIT study. CLICK HERE FOR A RESOURCE to access the study of “airborne transmission duration of an indoor situation”. Based on the specifications of the room size and human behavior expected, our space at Tanners can hold 200 people for 7 hours in a single seating and be “safe for airborne COVID transmission”. Our event is 2.5 hours and we will have less than 200 people in the room, therefore we are well within these guidelines.
- The HVAC fans will be running throughout the event to increase air circulation and renewal. Tanners has been hosting basketball and volleyball leagues in this space and they have not been notified by the leagues of any spreading issues. This is an excellent indicator of the quality of the HVAC in this facility.
- Between the lunch and dinner show Tanner’s staff will be running the exhaust fan to exchange air (basically resetting the room air) and cleaning the space.
Aerial Dance is a small business that brings joy. We are putting on this event as safely as possible, so in these dark times our community has something to celebrate. As a small business we have to stay open if we want to stay in business and that means: 1. keeping our staff healthy (they will all be at this event) and 2. being trusted as a safe business that follows science. Your actions on the show day directly impact the future of Aerial Dance so we are requesting that all audience members help keep our community safe by doing the following:
- Before attending the event all audience members will self screen for COVID-19. Take your temperature before attending and do not attend if you have a fever. If you had contact with someone with covid, are awaiting covid test results, have tested positive for covid within the past 14 days or have any symptoms, do not attend in-person. Protect our community by opting to watch the online viewing if you are not able to pass the covid self screen on the day of the show. Online viewing in place of attending in person in general is highly encouraged.
- All seating will be at 4 person tables (or VIP 6 person tables). When you enter and pick your table, please fill out the seating chart so if we have to execute a contract trace we can do so. All seating is general admission. Please keep ample space around your group while waiting in line to enter the performance hall.
- The Mask Mandate is in effect statewide. Therefore, all audience members will be required to wear a mask (unless they are medically exempt) except when they are eating or drink. We ask that all audience members keep their masks on while seated at their table except when they are ACTIVELY eating or drink. Performers will be wearing masks except when they are preparing to take the stage or on the stage performing as per the mask mandate exemption.
- Come and go as needed! You do not need to stay for the whole show if you do not wish. You can arrive late or early based on when your performer is on stage. Ask your performer where they are in the program and enter and exit quietly between performers/routines if you wish to come or go outside of the show’s start and finish. Each half of the show is roughly 1 hour to help your planning.
- Purchase food and drinks! Plan to eat lunch or dinner during the show, there will be menus at your table. Tanner’s is also a small business and would appreciate your patronage. All drinks and food will be ordered at your table, there will be no bar service, so you can avoid congested lines and stay seated the entire time while enjoying the event and libations.
The week after the show, Aerial Dance will be putting both shows ONLINE for ticket holders to access. ALL in-person ticket holders will be given access to both shows (regardless of if you have a ticket for only one). WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE ALL AUDIENCE MEMBERS TO CHOOSE TO “ATTEND” THE EVENT VIRTUALLY INSTEAD OF IN-PERSON. Online access will be emailed to in-person ticket holders the week following the show and you will have until December 1st to watch the show(s) online at your convenience.
Online ONLY viewing tickets will be available for purchase the week after the show and will grant access to both shows online.