Company Health & Safety during COVID-19
At Aerial Dance your safety has always been our priority, never has that been more important than now during COVID-19. We know there is a lot of fear and uncertainty about where you should or shouldn’t be going. We cannot promise a 100% virus-free environment, but what we can do is tell you all the steps we’ve taken as a company, the products we are using, and the procedures in place to limit the chances of spreading. Details below offer full transparency to the Aerial Dance policy so you can make your own educated decision on whether to attend classes. Since resuming in person classes May 26 we have had zero issues at the studio so are confident our policies work and will continue to update them as more information becomes available. (This information was last updated on: March 31, 2021.)
- All class times will be 50 minutes to allow one group of students to leave the building and another group to arrive to limit student contact.
- Students are asked to wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility, in hallways and bathrooms.
- Bathrooms are available but we are requesting students change before coming to the studio if at all possible.
- Students are not allowed to bring personal fans to the studios at this time per the Outagamie Public Health Office guideline.
- The Fitness studios will not be used for group classes during this time.
We are asking students to wait in their cars until 5 minutes before class starts to limit congregation in the entryway. All students will use the hand sanitizing station upon entry. Please wear a mask when entering and exiting the building.
General Cleaning Procedures:
- Our studios are professionally disinfected twice weekly by Clean Image Janitorial.
- All microfiber towels are washed on hot with bleach after each use.
- Aerial Fabrics (silks & hammocks) are sprayed before and after use with disinfectant spray.
- Hoops, Poles, the floor, and crash mats are cleaned with 70%-91% isopropyl alcohol.
- When needed, the floor around the poles will be disinfected with Clorox Scentiva mop wipes.
Pole Program Changes:
- All Pole Classes will be limited to 8 students and 1 instructor.
- Every pole will have a bottle of alcohol to use (no sharing alcohol bottles).
- If you are being spotted by an instructor, please put on your mask.
- Pole students will pick up two microfiber towels;
- will be used to wipe down the floor and pole with 70% isopropyl alcohol before and after class
- will be for personal use and pole cleaning during class
Aerial Program Changes:
- Only one class at a time will be in the aerial studio. All students will have their own apparatus during class.
- Students will need to choose ONE apparatus for use during Aerial Practices.
- If you are being spotted by an instructor, please put on your mask.
- Aerial students will pick up:
- One microfiber towels to wipe down the crash mat (and hoop) with 70%-91% isopropyl
- A bottle of alcohol for cleaning mat and floor. (no sharing alcohol bottles).
- A bottle of fabric disinfecting spray. Then they will spray their hammock or silks before class and at the end of class. (if taking a fabric class)
Fitness, Dance & Flexibility Changes:
- Classes may be live streamed to online students while the in person class is taking place.
- Equipment may be used in classes and will be sprayed down after use.
- If taking a Fitness or Flexibility class in person students, are required to bring their own mat or a clean large towel to cover one of our mats.
Private Events & Parties
Private parties will also be able to choose to have two friends per apparatus if they wish to share with someone they are already in contact with; this will be discussed when making the event registeration.
Air Quality & HVAC systems:
One of the top CDC concerns for COVID-19 transmission is droplets in the air. Having a lot of fresh air in enclosed spaces greatly reduces the risk. Therefore, we have spoken with HVAC specialists to optimize the amount of external air coming into all studios. The fans will be running during all classes to bring in fresh air. All air filters have been replaced and will be cleaned or replaced with greater frequency.
Aerial Dance is extremely lucky to have a formulation scientist on staff, Instructor Kelly! She’s smart and knows about chemicals and what works for killing viruses. With her guidance and the help of our professional cleaning company, Clean Image Janitorial, we have sourced the following products for cleaning the studio. Ingredient lists and safety data are linked below.
- 70% and higher isopropyl alcohol – used to disinfect poles, floor, crash mats, door handles and everything. 80% Ethyl Alcohol may be substituted without notice for Isopropyl alcohol.
- Zogics Sanitizing Wipes – bleach and alcohol free but fantastic for killing germs
- Doctor Signature Hand Sanitizer – is what our individual pump bottles at the entries will be refilled with
- SparSan Q Disinfectant Deodorant Spray – will be used to disinfect aerial fabrics between uses.
- Scentiva Disinfectant floor mops – used to disinfect the floor
- Botanical Decon 30 Disinfectant – use for disinfecting aerial fabrics
Aerial Dance reserve the right to modify and update these procedures as more information becomes available about the virus. If a specified product is not available, it can be swapped out with a similar product with no notice.
Testing, Tracing & Notifications:
At some point during the pandemic someone within the Aerial Dance community will test positive for COVID-19 and will have been at the studio in the past 14 days. This is how we will respond to that situation.
Close Contact, as defined by the DHS, is:
- direct physical contact with the person (eg: hug, kiss, handshake)
- were within 6 feet of the person for more than 15 minutes with face-to-face contact
- had contact with the person’s respiratory secretions (eg: coughed on, shared drinking glass, shared towel)
Additional Aerial Dance specific Close Contact:
- spotting where instructor’s hands were not sprayed with alcohol before and after contact
Based on the “close contact” parameters, our normal classes are not “close contact” and full student groups will not be notified in the case of a positive test.
Student notifies us that she is getting tested:
- Student will be asked the following information:
- When was your suspected exposure to COVID-19-19, what date? Or are you getting tested because you have symptoms today but no known exposure to someone with COVID-19? (we will cross check dates to our attendance records)
- Did you take your temperature before attending Aerial Dance and did not have a temperature all days attended in the last 14 days? (which is required to attend….so make sure to take your temperature daily!)
- Were you asymptomatic when attending Aerial Dance?
- Did you come in close contact (as defined above) with any students or instructors?
- Aerial Dance will disinfect any studios she was in
- Any fabrics touched by the student will be washed immediately, regardless of the wash cycle
- The student is not eligible to attend the studio until she has been cleared by medical professional.
Student notifies us that her test result was positive:
- An email notification will be sent to anyone she came in “close contact” with and has the potential of exposure.
- All instructors that had that student in class during 14 day prior to test will be notified to take appropriate precautions.
- The student is not eligible to attend the studio until after she is cleared to return by medical professional.
GET IN TOUCH
1871 N. Silver Spring Drive
Appleton, WI 54913
Green Bay Studio
1601 Lawrence Drive
De Pere, WI 54115