Women of all shapes, sizes, ages, and experiences! Any woman can take Aerial Dance as long as she is not pregnant and is medically cleared to participate in the activity. Having fun and being healthy is not age prohibitive. You don’t need strength to start Aerial Dance. We will work with you at your current fitness level and as you increase in strength our instructors will adapt the curriculum to suit your needs.
Leave all your jewelry at home, especially rings, because they damage the equipment.
- For Aerial Classes: we workout in leggings and tank tops. Please make sure there are no zippers, rhinestones or anything sharp on your clothing as that damages the equipment. It is also a good idea to bring a long sleeve shirt that is form fitting. In general for aerial you want form fitting clothing so it doesn’t get caught in the apparatus.
- For Pole Classes: we workout in shorts, tanks tops and bare feet. High heels are not allowed at Aerial Dance.
Aerial Dance understands busy schedules! We offer a very flexible make-up policy. If you need to miss an aerial class, cancel via the online system or app at least 4 hour before the class start time. All our aerial classes are “drop-in” so as long as you cancel a minimum of 4 hours before there is no penalty for cancelling and you can make-up the class.
Aerial Dance classes are one hour long once a week and include a warm up, conditioning and cool down in addition to the main class component of tricks/spins on the apparatus.
At Aerial Dance we pride ourselves on teaching you aerial in an effective and safe manner. For this reason our program is structured in Levels: Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced. All students start in beginner unless they have prior experience and test into a higher level.
When you attend your first class on an apparatus you will be given a card that has all the moves in the Beginner level of that program. Then at every class or practice you attend you will write the date if a move was “introduced” or when you feel “proficient” in the move. “Proficient” means that you know what the move is and can execute it comfortably. Once 90% of your Beginner card is “proficient” you can ask the instructor to clear you for Intermediate level of that apparatus!
If you are already in an upper level, you can always take Beginner classes to refine your technique!
All of our Aerial classes do not require memberships. You can sign up for any Aerial class as a single class. The cost for a single drop-in is $25; you can purchase a 5-pack of Aerial classes for $100 or become a Fitness or Aerial Member for even bigger savings!
- Aerial Member: This is the membership for the woman who wants Aerial Dance to be her primary workout facility! This Membership includes unlimited Aerial, Flexibility & Conditioning classes as well as your Pole Membership and lots of other perks. There are 6-month contract or 12-month contracts available.
- Fitness Member: This gives you either 4 or 8 classes per month at a discounted rate. This membership only includes Aerial, Flexibility & Conditioning classes (it does NOT include Pole).
- Pole Member: This is for the woman who is primarily interested in Pole! These memberships run for 8-weeks during a pole term (a pole term is an 8-week pole class). A Pole Member receives one Pole class per week and eight Pole Practices to use during the term. This membership does NOT include Aerial, Flexibility & Conditioning classes.
You can upgrade from a Fitness Membership or a Pole Membership to an Aerial Member at any time! We’ll calculate your remaining class balance from your existing membership and credit it to your new Aerial Membership payment.
At Aerial Dance you always have small class sizes and tons of instructor attention. The Aerial Dance curriculum was designed by Dr. Paula Brusky who specializes in injury prevention for musicians; she has taken her knowledge of musician health and incorporated it into our curriculum. This means not only will you have a lot of fun and gain strength, you’ll also be doing it in a safe environment that emphasizes injury prevention with instructors who are expertly trained, have numerous certifications and have spent countless hours becoming outstanding aerial educators.
Not at all! All of the Aerial Dance instructors hold multiple fitness certifications to work with you at your level. Most of our instructors had limited dance experience before starting pole and aerial. Our progressive course structure allows you the opportunity to grow at your own speed and be appropriately challenged at all times.
Yes! Classes are strictly one gender, but if there is enough interest Aerial Dance is prepared to offer a men only class. Men can arrange a pole party or private lesson at anytime. We do offer two co-ed classes currently: Co-Ed Hammock Fit and Co-Ed Pole Strong. Check the schedule and come Fly with us!